Saturday, October 17, 2015

First competition...EEK...

I went outside of my comfort zone this weekend and entered two of my pieces into a woodcraft competition. It's always a but unnerving to be critiqued by your peers, by people who work with wood all the time. I was encouraged to enter by several people and so I did. I took second and third place, which both pleased ( and to be honest) disappointed me. Pretty silly of my since it was my first ever competition. I guess I am to proud for my own good.

I went down to pick up the two pieces and watched from a distance as they approached the table they were placed on. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall listening in on their conversation. Others approached me and complimented me on my work. It was very gratifying. I love sharing what I do, and getting feedback, suggestions and encouragement. It was balm for my soul. I look forward to giving another go next year.


Greenman 2nd place
Elk Plate 3rd Place

No comments:

Post a Comment