Thursday, September 24, 2015

Why do I do it?

So I have always tried to do new things with my hands. Pencil sketching, Cross Stitch, Sewing, Crochet....I just love to make things. It is an inherited trait, one I am grateful for.

About 2 years ago I was searching through Pinterest for random ideas and ran across some pyrography projects. I was facilitated by the detail and the depth of the images. I went to my local Walmart and purchased a cheap woodburning kit and found a scrap piece of wood and made my first attempt. It wasn't much but I was hooked.

It wasn't long before I was investing in a second burning tool so I could use different tips, and then I was introduced to the Razortip Burning system and everything changed. So many types of tips! So many options!


My first big project came only a short three months after I started burning.
This beautiful piece was a 4'x3' table top It was both terrifying and exciting to do. It was my first paid piece and I loved doing it.
Thank heavens I at least understood the basics of drawing, that helped so much in visualizing the details that were needed.

This was a Christmas Gift from a family to their father. It was a pleasure seeing it all come together.

I have since done a  lot of silly pieces, serious pieces, Custom orders, and experiments. I still find joy in watching it come to lie under the burning tip. I look forward to many more new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment