Thursday, March 17, 2016

Practice makes....you better at anything you try to do.


People often ask me how I can do this, or comment on my ability or "talent" to create these pieces. My response is usually the same. I have always drawn.  Pencils, pens, chalk, are some of the mediums I love to  use.


So transitioning to a burning tool was not to hard of a leap, learning to control the tool has been a process in itself.

No matter what it is, if  you love doing something, you put in the effort to do it right, Giving your self time, lots of practice, having patience is all part of the process. It is a rare thing when someone can just "do" something without taking the time to learn, of course there are those where it takes less time than it does for others.

For me it is the process in the project itself that I enjoy, even the ones that don't turn out the way I had imagined. I learn knew things which each piece I complete. The most common lesson is to slow down, to not rush the project in my desire to the finished results. When I slow down I can enjoy the ever changing image as I add the layers and develop the depth to the project.

So for those of you who wish you could (in whatever it is you enjoy doing)....there is no reason not to. Take the leap....enjoy the ride and be happy with every learning moment in your journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment